Monday, July 30, 2007

Thank You from the Executive Director!

We wanted to pass along this message to The Underground from Betsy Tyson-Smith, Executive Director of The Virginia Thurston Healing Garden.


I can hardly think of words to describe my joy at seeing the beautiful addition of water, sound, stones and plants to our little place…. Julie told me how long and hard you all worked on Saturday in the heat and humidity.

It is simply beautiful. It fits in place so seamlessly. The design, the stream and perfect bridge stone, the pond, the plantings, the sitting stone, the path - it all fits in so well, it is so elegant and soothing. As it melds into its place I can see it becoming such a special place for our clients, as well as for us here at the HG - it already is so special.

Today we have a water bug and a frog who have arrived. I have to stop myself from wandering out there to just look, pause, and feel the awe of something so lovely, and Julie, Lana and I are so, so grateful that it belongs to the HG! Our clients will be thrilled.

You have created a singular place of beauty which will benefit all who visit it. Thank you.

Elizabeth Tyson-Smith, MA, LMHC
Executive Director
Virginia Thurston Healing Garden, Inc.

No comments: